Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Best Week of London Abroad.

After fall break, the next 11 days went by so fast, but were AMAZING!!

On November 2nd I finally did something I had been meaning to do all semester. I had dinner with the one and only Ellie Grabski. I was so excited to finally see her I practically head butted her when we hugged! hahah! We went to Los Locos and grubbed down on amazing nachos, fajitas, and happy hour drinks! The conversation obviously never stopped and it was so good seeing my twin! :)

On Wednesday we went to the Court (big surprise) where I got to see El-Dogg again because I told her how amazing it is. She lives within walking distance, you lucky dog you.

The weekend came, and a lot of my friends were going to Paris with the school. But since it was one of my roommates birthday weekend, we went out Thursday to celebrate. It pretty much turned into a bust. Friday I went to fireworks, Los Locos (again), and then headed to the Court (typical). Saturday we went to this new place called Waxy O'Connors. It was great, but it closed semi-early, and by semi-early I mean 12am haha!

On Monday, it was her official birthday. We went to O'Neils (aka the birthday spot. it was the 3rd birthday i'd celebrated there..ridiculous). Since it was a Monday, it was a small, but very fun, group! Iris (bday girl), Emily, Megan, Keith, Will, and myself.
Single Ladies, oh and Will..

Birthday girl, Emily, Me, and Megan.

The week was pretty uneventful, that is, until Thursday! I arrived at Leicester Square at 8am to stand in line with my friend Iris, who had been there since 5am. Why you may ask? Well obviously for the Harry Potter Red Carpet Premiere! I survived in over 12 hours of vicious rain, nasty wind, wet pants, and the overall cold to catch a glimpse of these stars I felt like I grew up with. I LOVE Harry Potter and those 12 hours were 100% worth it! I got to see Rupert Grint (Ron), Emma Watson (Hermione), Daniel Ratcliffe (Harry), Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy), Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy), Timothy Spall (Wormtail), Oliver & James Phelps (George & Fred Weasley), Mark Williams (Arthur Weasley), Natalia Tena (Tonks), Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood), Imelda Staunton (Dolores Umbridge), Jamie Bower (Grindlewald/Caius from Twilight), Warwick Davis (Griphook), Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley), Alfie Enoch (Dean Thomas), and the woman behind it all...J K ROWLING!!
 
So I brought my copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows that I bought in Edinburgh, Scotland (aka where JK Rowling wrote a lot of the stories and/or got her inspiration). My life is now complete. Not only did I get JK Rowlings autograph (which made me and my friend Iris Park cry), I got Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy), Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy), and Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood) to sign my book as well. True story. My life will not get that happy again for a while. I was in Harry Potter Heaven. J K Rowling is seriously the most amazing individual I have ever met. She was signing so many books, but made a point to look at all of my friends and acknowledge us. She even had conversations with me, my friend Emily, and my friend Iris. It just makes me love and admire her more. THANKS JK ROWLING!! FOR EVERYTHING!!! 

The next day I was leaving for Paris, but that was the farthest thing from my mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment