Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Court

Ello all!

Sorry it has been a while since I've posted (I'm pretty much only posting now because Molly mentioned it on Facebook..it made me feel guilty and like I was letting my "avid" readers down haha). So here is an update :)

Since the last time I posted (aka last week) a bit has happened. I've definitely been enjoying going out legally (don't worry, I've been safe). We found this awesome place called The Court, where a bunch of British students hang out. It is a super fun, relaxed, and cheap place! I got a pitcher of Stella for £9.25 with my special yellow card. It has just been fun hanging out with friends and getting to know new people. Not to mention singing to Don't Stop Believing, Spice Girls, and Total Eclipse of the Heart with random British people :)

And no, drinking has not been my only activity while being here. I've been sight-seeing a bunch! On Friday I went to see The London Eye (aka the huge Ferris Wheel that London is famous for) and Trafalgar Square with a bunch of friends that I don't live with. Then on Saturday I went to Buckingham Palace to see the Changing of the Guards, Big Ben, Parliament, and The London Eye with my flatmates. Then on Sunday we had a field trip to Greenwich where I went to the Queen's house, stood at the Prime Meridian, and went to Greenwich Market. I got Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (the British version of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone).

Classes started on Monday, and just by coincidence, I only have class on Monday and Wednesday. Honestly, it wasn't on purpose. And I got really lucky because there was a Tube strike for all of Tuesday. I really like all my classes, and they don't seem to be overwhelming which should allow for lots of travel!! :) We plan on going to Prague, Vienna, Munich and Brussels for Fall Break!! Also we want to get to Barcelona before it gets too cold! Ahh so much to do and so little time! Good thing I don't have class on Thursdays :)

I would post some pictures, but if you go to my Facebook then you can just go to my album very originally and cleverly labeled "London." I'm sure you all can find it.

Since my weekend begins tonight, perhaps there will be a Phail or two to inform you all of on Monday! But it shouldn't be too crazy this weekend, we are taking a field trip to Stonehenge and Salisbury on Friday and I have to be to Faraday (the SULondon centre) at 8:15am. Oh boy. Good thing I'm a morning person...not! Haha! Have a good weekend all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment