Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Loving London!

London is even better than I thought it would be! I already feel like I'm maturing and coming into my own! I've taken a few pictures..between orientation, shopping, unpacking, buying my phone, and unpacking..I've been quite busy. Even though I've only been here like, 1 day, I've already learned a lot of things.
1. queue = a line
2. holding 2 fingers up with your palm facing towards you = f**k you!
3. cheeseburgers are more like meatloaf
4. bathroom is where you take baths, not where you use the "toilet" or the "loo"
5. elevator = lift
6. there is no kraft mac n cheese, or cinnamon toast crunch, or propel, or white cat (hehe)
7. traffic comes from the OTHER way..thank god for the reminders on the street
8. the Starbucks menu is very different. an iced white chocolate mocha apparently is an iced hot chocolate..I now need to order an iced white caffe mocha.
9. I 100% love this city.
10. coming abroad to London was the best decision I've ever made.

There is nothing I don't love about this city (okay..maybe not being able to use my iPhone, but I could just buy one here). I feel like everywhere I look, it is beautiful, quaint, and everything I want in the place I want to live. Its the UK's Boston I feel like.

So today we had an orientation thing (pretty much useless seeing as we already have a flat..), we were super late because we obviously needed Starbucks (see list above), plus the tube was backed up for like 5ish minutes (okay it was a big deal at the time haha). And then we got our phones (trying to remember how to use t9-its like going back to the times of the razor..i miss my iPhone already!) We then went grocery shopping (i got pasta, olive oil, bread, and grapes..oh boy). Then we signed our lease with Duncan and thennnnn I had dinner with Stacey and Ellie (thanks again!! it was wonderful seeing you both!! love you!) to Getti, which is where 2 of my flatmates spotted Jude Law (god i hope i get that lucky!). It was delish!!! Now we are just relaxing, contemplating when/where/if we should go out tonight! It will probably happen..because hey..we are in London :)

Well I'm going to socialize..pictures to come (i think..)

No comments:

Post a Comment